Wednesday, December 4, 2013

We all start at Day 1


Well. This would be my first blog. I'm busting into the world of digital awareness, one micro adventure at a time.

To begin with, my name is Karissa. I'm a newlywed with a mound of debt in school loans, a new job, a new cat, and a new list of goals, which include "start a blog," "feed cat daily," and "get-the-heck-outta-debt." Fairly shortly after my wedding in August, a notion struck me [in the face] as B (the husband) and I were having our 563rd conversation that week about our budget, bills, and spending: Dang it. We're adults.

No more flying by the seat of those new pants I want from NY&Co. No more "eh, I'll do laundry next week." No more "Oops, forgot I had to pay the electric bill." And definitely no more "But I want it!" Every cent that comes in gets tracked, discussed, and specifically budgeted. We are beyond determined to get out of debt (BEFORE we are old and gray), and I plan to document our newlywed life here, broke-to-wealth, every step of the way.

So this is our story. Join me as B and I try to figure out how to keep ourselves, our marriage, and our cat named Pippin alive while trying to pay down our mountains and mountains of debt. Come on, it'll be fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment